In October 2022, Beyond Differences launched its 2022-23 Educator Cohorts in Dallas, San Francisco Bay Area, and New York City. Generous funding from regional grants made it possible for educators to attend these professional learning spaces and resource their classrooms with Beyond Differences’ Best Practices and curriculum with support from staff and consultants who are experts in DEIB and SEL. Our local online spaces provide educators with the opportunity to come together to learn practical skills, share knowledge, and create strategies to empower their students to end social isolation and create cultures of belonging.
These Educator Cohorts provide an opportunity to:
- Create a Belonging Action Plan to guide them with integrating practices /strategies learned to empower their students to create cultures of belonging and end social isolation
- Learn alongside educators specifically from their city/region.
- Have honest, real conversations about the realities of their classroom and how to best integrate the new skills /strategies learned to best meet their needs and their students’ needs
- Receive support and learn from fellow educators, Beyond Differences’ staff, and consultants
- Easily access session recordings & resources housed on one site
The Educator Cohort includes:
- Beyond Differences Learning Community Access
- Beyond Differences New Trainings: Foundations of Social Isolation & Language of Emotions
- Review of 8 Beyond Differences SEL lessons
- Work closely with Beyond Differences Consultants
- Receive Toolkits & Support with Beyond Differences’ National Awareness Days
- Participate in teen-led sessions
- Bring Beyond Differences National Teen Board Members into their classroom
The first session in 2023 will feature Restorative Practices Leader Don Carney. For educators in Texas, the San Francisco Bay Area, and New York City, click here to register https://www.tfaforms.com/4986712
Follow Us on Social Media
The misson of Beyond Differences® is to inspire students nationwide to end social isolation and create cultures of belonging for everyone. We envision a world where all youth are accepted, valued, and included no matter their differences. Beyond Differences® offers FREE SEL curriculum, lesson plans, and supplies’ to middle school educators all across the nation. Bring our programs to your school today!