Join the Beyond Differences® Team!
We’re on a mission to end social isolation in middle school and develop leadership skills in 7th-12th graders by empowering student leaders to change the culture of their schools. Together, we can help create a world where every student is accepted, valued, and included by their peers.
If you’re determined, creative, and passionate about building a culture of belonging for everyone, you’ll fit right in.
If you are interested in becoming an administrative intern at Beyond Differences® please let us know by emailing:
Our Current Openings
Your Title Goes Here
Director of National Programs
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Marin County in August 2022 (remote work to start)
Application Deadline: June 2022
About Beyond Differences®
The Beyond Differences® mission is to inspire students to end social isolation and create a culture of belonging for everyone. Founded in 2010, Beyond Differences® is the leading expert and only organization in the United States singularly focused on ending social isolation and creating a culture of inclusion for youth. Beyond Differences is student-led and committed to empowering youth to become activists by helping them build awareness and leadership skills related to acceptance and belonging. We provide schools with transformative social-emotional learning (SEL) curriculum to help end social isolation, loneliness, and build community. Our newest program area is Professional Development for Educators to support them with their own, and in turn their students, social emotional needs and mental health and wellness.
The Director of National Programs is responsible for scaling the organization’s three leading annual school-based programs, Know Your Classmates®, No One Eats Alone®, and Be Kind Online®. The focus of this position is to increase brand exposure and build partnerships nationwide. Our programs are currently being used in over 9,000 schools nationwide. The position is based in Marin County, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fully manage Beyond Differences’ three national school-based programs: Know Your Classmates®, No One Eats Alone® and Be Kind Online®, including the curriculum and all associated national awareness days
- Write curriculum, in collaboration with the Director of Education Programs and the Director of National Youth Programs, updating teacher lesson plans, the student leadership unit and national awareness day events. Ensure they are well researched, well-written, and ready to share nationally
- Manage and be point of contact for over 9,000 educators nationwide by creating content for all email communications and marketing
- Strategically think about how to grow the program in the future
- Supervise a full-time Program Manager whose responsibilities will include choosing and sourcing tool kit supplies, recruiting volunteers for assembling tool kits, labeling, and shipping
- Track and supervise all school data in Salesforce and keep data up to date
- Strengthen and build partnerships with school districts and educators nationwide to disseminate our programs
- Serve as main liaison with Centene Charitable Foundation, the corporate sponsor for No One Eats Alone Day
- Maintain strong relationships with funders and manage reporting annually
- Strategize, sequence, and create special projects content with the other directors
- Determine, with input from staff and others (consultants and educators), each national awareness day theme, celebration and design for toolkits associated with our programs
- Represent Beyond Differences in efforts to recruit and manage partnerships with national non-profits, governments and school districts/organizations and associations to amplify and grow programs
- Participate in all appropriate staff calls and meetings; present at Board of Directors’ meetings; share responsibility for Youth and Programs Committee of the board along with other directors
- Marketing experience is a bonus. This position collaborates with our PR consultant on national awareness days and school events
- Help monitor effectiveness of marketing and outreach strategies pertaining to national programs (support PR with ideas for stories, initiatives, activism, and influencer outreach)
- Oversee national program websites and forms, and manage all domains and hosting sites, work directly with our web designer to keep information up to date
- Maintain and expand relationship with potential donors, influencers, volunteers, and
- Undergraduate degree in Education (or similar field), Master’s degree is a bonus
- 3 – 5 years minimum experience working within the primary and/or secondary education systems
- Curriculum writing experience, preferably with social and emotional learning curriculum
- In-depth DEI knowledge and experience
- Experience working with under-resourced and/or Title 1 schools
- A real team player – open to feedback (both giving and receiving) – thoughtful and considerate, and a good sense of humor
- Self-motivated and a self-starter; able to project manage with or without direct supervision
- Classroom teaching experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe DC, Google Drive, and Zoom
- Self-motivated, mature, well-organized
- Ability and commitment to work collaboratively in a small, dynamic organization
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions
- Administrator or Director-level experience in a school or non-profit
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and through the written/typed word with creative ideas
- Strategic planning and critical thinking experience
- Working directly with youth ages 11 to 18
- Must be able to work remotely and/or in an office environment
- Must be able to manually operate and use a computer and phone
- Must be able to work at a computer for a prolonged period
- May involve up to 10% travel, so use of a vehicle is required
- Must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area and commute to Marin County 1-3 times per week
- Annual salary range $110,000 -$120,000 based on experience
- Full health insurance coverage provided
- 10 days paid vacation (increased after first year)
- 12 holidays and 12 sick days
- Access to 403(b) retirement plan
- Hybrid work flexibility
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to Stacy Nelson & Associates at email@example.com and indicate your name and “Director of National Programs” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2022
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Beyond Differences®. Due to the high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Beyond Differences® is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. A security background check will be included in the hiring process.