Join the Beyond Differences Team!
We’re on a mission to end social isolation in middle school and develop leadership skills in 7th-12th graders by empowering student leaders to change the culture of their schools. Together, we can help create a world where every student is accepted, valued, and included by their peers.
If you’re determined, creative, and passionate about building a culture of belonging for everyone, you’ll fit right in.
If you are interested in becoming an administrative intern at Beyond Differences please let us know by emailing:
Our Current Openings
Your Title Goes Here
National Teen Board Program Coordinator
Reports to: Director of National Youth Programs
Status: Full-Time position (Non-Exempt, 32 hours)
Location: Remote to start, Marin County 2022
The ideal candidate for the Program Coordinator position is a well-organized self-starter who is excited to join a dynamic nonprofit organization and motivated to have a career in education and/or youth leadership.
About Beyond Differences
Beyond Differences’ mission is to inspire students to end social isolation and create a culture of belonging for everyone. Founded in 2010, Beyond Differences™ is the leading expert and only organization in the United States singularly focused on ending social isolation and creating a culture of
inclusion for youth. Beyond Differences is student-led and committed to empowering youth to become activists by helping them build awareness and leadership skills related to acceptance and belonging. We provide schools Transformative SEL curriculum to help end social isolation, loneliness and build community.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of National Youth Programs in managing the day-to-day operations of our growing Beyond Differences’ National Teen Board (NTB). This is a full-time position and located in Marin County, although currently, we are all working remotely. The candidate must be self-directed, mature, efficient, and flexible as some meetings and events will take place on weekends and evenings.
- Coordinate program communications – emails, group texts, IG communications, invites, use Canva to make flyers, create & maintain social media for all program activities.
- Manage and strategically schedule all events and meetings
- Maintain all data tracking (attendance, program metrics, rosters, permission slips, etc.)
- Monitor student accessibility, provide resources, and implement support strategies as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for guest speakers and workshop facilitators
- Coordinate all shipments to youth leaders by procuring materials, ordering items, package assembly, processing /distribution of mailings, printing shipping labels.
- Host and coordinate Zoom meetings and process recordings after. Support and possibly execute NTB programming online and in-person
- Provide general support of all teen leaders, prior, during, and after all youth programming.
- Produce and distribute all teen leader surveys and summarize for Director of National Youth Programs.
- Helping to plan and execute annual National Activist Academy and related events
- Provide general administrative support for other needs, including printing projects, etc.
NTB Curriculum & Program Support
- Collaborate with the Director of National Youth Programs to co-create session content
- Support program research including review of literature, searching for and reviewing media
- Assist in testing curriculum elements before delivery
- Responsible for reading pre-approved excerpts for meetings and sessions.
Outreach & Marketing
- Assist in the design and oversee implementation and coordination of NTB outreach efforts.
- Assist in the NTB admissions/enrollment/onboarding process.
- Help to develop new district/school/CBO partnerships and collaborate with existing partners
- Support and help generate email communications
- Help generate content for our NTB social media sites
- Help generate collateral marketing materials
- Workshop or training facilitation experience (including former classroom teaching experience, or running professional workshops, etc.)
- Curriculum building experience
- Coordination/event planning experience
- Kami software knowledge or other cloud classroom management software
- Social media knowledge
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Youth development and educational programs experience – a must!
- Experience working with diverse student populations- AA/Black, Latinx, AAPI, Indigenous, LGBTQIA+, low-income, immigrant, neuro and physically different communities
- Advanced Zoom hosting experience
- High administrative competency using Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft Office, presentation software (e.g., Zoom & Google Slides), marketing applications (e.g., Google Sites, Canva, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, with an emphasis in education, psychology, sociology, public health, and/or ethnic studies
- Ability to see both the big picture and keep an eye on the details
- Dynamic personality – good presenter/ facilitator, sense of humor
- Ability to communicate effectively and compellingly verbally and in writing.
Work EnvironmentMust be able to work remotely and/or in an office environment.
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision, follow directions, and manage stressful situations effectively
- Must be able to manually operate and use a computer and phone.
- Must be able to work at a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- May involve travel, access to a vehicle may be required.
- Must have access to a strong Wi-Fi network.
Compensation & BenefitsBeyond Differences provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Benefits include full health insurance, paid vacation, holiday, and sick time as well as access to a 403(b)-retirement plan. The pay rate for this position is $25/hour, non-exempt, based on a 32-hour workweek. The workweek may be flexible and can be negotiated upon acceptance of the position.
To ApplyFor immediate consideration, please forward your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate your name and “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Beyond Differences. Due to the high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The application deadline is October 15, 2021.
Beyond Differences is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. A security background check will be included in the hiring process.